After we read a story, you will do one of the tasks written below: You can use the suggested tools or one of your favourite tools.
1. Prepare a talk show, interviewing with one or more characters from the story you are reading.
2. Summarize the story and create glogs.
3. Direct the movie of the story. Choose the cast, soundtrack, venue, etc and write a brief note to the producer why you have chosen those actors/actresses, venue, etc.
4. Organise a trip to the place where the story takes place.
5. Summarize the story by creating a comic or an animation by using online tools.
6. Create a trailer for the movie of the story.
7. Adapt the story to 21st century.
8. Analyse one of the characters and write a list ’10 things I want to do before I die’ for their character and in the end of the list, you should persuade the teacher and the classmates that the character would really like to do those things.
9. Choose one of the characters and write about his/her life 10 years from the ending of the story.
10. Create a quiz on the story.You have to include vocabulary questions, comprehension questions, discussion questions, etc
11. Write a 5 sentence summary of the story and create a glog, poster with illustrations or magazine cut-outs.
You can use:
Monday, 5 December 2011
Choose one of your favourite tool and create....
- How is Christmas celebrated in your country? In your school? In your house/family? Share your world with us so we might know you a bit better. :)
If you're not too keen on writing just create a video with pictures and short sentences. You can use Animoto, Flixtime, or moviemaker to do this. If you want to take a less techy approach you can always use PowerPoint, and then upload your presentation to SlideShare or SlideRocket. Again, it's all up to you.
- Write a Christmas or a New Year's eve story to fill our hears with joy and happiness.
- Create a presentation on how christmas is celebrated in 2 different countries. You might use GoAnimate, Prezi, Fotobabble, moviemaker or any other tool any tool you want. Just dazzle us with your creativity.
- Create a Christmas compilation album. Glogster will be very useful.
- Help us with Christmas shopping and prepare a list with gift ideas for different age groups.
- Christmas is a time to watch movies together with family. Tell us 5 popular Christmas movies. give your reason and persuade us to buy these DVDs.
- Help us to cook for Christmas. We would like to know 5 traditional Christmas foods and please add one of the recipes.
- You all know Christmas stories, such as Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens or The Gift of Magi by O'Henry, etc. Choose one of the Christmas stories that you like and write a review for your friends.
- Prepare a picture dictionary with Christmas vocabulary.
- Prepare a word game or a puzzle.
- Write your New Year's resolutions
- Create an online greeting card, write your own message on it.
Write your New Year's Resolutions
How do you celebrate New Year? Describe it.
Write A New Year poem
Create a New Year Story.